Not Recommended for new designs
Please consider this programmer ICP2(G3).
See differences between ICP2(G3) and ICP2 families.
Product Overview: ICP2 is the flagship product in our line of high-speed,
production-grade in-circuit programmers for Microchip
microcontrollers. Combining robust performance with proven
reliability, ICP2 is the ideal solution for high throughput, non-stop assembly line operations. Using our breakthrough Secure Programming technology, ICP2 ensures the highest level of protection for your intellectual property during the manufacturing process.
Utilizing patent-pending technology, this optional software feature provides several layers of protection that dramatically reduce the risk of unauthorized reconstruction of hex files. These include strong hex file encryption, a counter that ensures the number of programmed devices does not exceed a pre-defined value, and a secure buffer of "invisible" hex data stored in ICP2 protected memory.
Reflecting our focus and expertise in working with Microchip, ICP2 is specifically designed for full compatibility with all Microchip microcontrollers and peripheral components. Provided with the Softlog GUI, ICP2 also seamlessly integrates with MPLAB® IDE via plug-in.
Final test machine (FTM) functions in DLL allow the ICP2 software to easily integrate with test
equipment, working in either standalone mode or driven by a host system. Adaptable to bed-of-nails
and other types of ATEs, ICP2 helps you preserve your investment in test equipment.
We understand the importance of zero downtime on your assembly line. Softlog´s technical support
engineers are available round-the-clock to provide you with immediate solutions to operational and
maintenance issues which may arise.
High-Speed, Compact Programming Device
- Designed for in-circuit (ICSPTM) programming of 8-bit PIC® MCUs, 16-bit PIC® MCUs & dsPIC® DSCs (optional), 32-bit PIC® MCUs (optional), Keeloq® encoders (optional) and serial EEPROMs
- On-board 1MB flash memory for non-volatile storage of HEX, configuration and serialization files
- Multiple serialization schemes:
Sequential, random, pseudo-random and user file
1 to 8 bytes, automatic “retlw”
- Tests Vdd and Vpp for overload with indication by software
- Dimensions: 175 x 85 x 35mm
- Remote programming via 3 lines: Go/Pass/Fail
- Programmable Vdd (2.0 to 5.5V) and Vpp (2.0 to 13.5V)
- Programmable delay between Vdd and Vpp (0.1 to 250ms)
- Programmable clock/data speed (500KHz to 10MHz)
- Programmable Vdd source (ICP2 or target)
- Vdd current limit: 250mA (40mA if powered from USB only)
- Prevents damage to connected microcontroller in case of power ON and power OFF
- Windows® DLL/Command line functions for automatic programming (optional)
- Secure programming feature including hex file encryption, counter and secure buffer (optional)
- Seamless plug-in integration with MPLAB® IDE
- Standalone operation
- Field firmware upgrade (built-in bootloader)
Host System Requirements
- USB or RS232 port
True production-grade quality
Innovative, multi-layer IP protection (optional)
Easy ATE integration
PC or standalone operations
Cost-effective pricing options